Shopping in Amritsar


Hey!

I am just back from Amritsar. It is famous for it's embroidered fabric, jutiyan, vadis and papad.

Amritsar is famous for Phulkari work suits, dupatta, saree and shawls. Phulkari means flower work. I bought a "Pataila Suit" for my niece which has phulkari work on its dupatta. 



Patiala suit- Rs. 750



I picked up one dupatta for myself too at a pretty cheap price of Rs.300. But remember, you need to have good bargaining skills for that.



Dupatta- Rs. 300

Walking around the Hall Bazaar, I saw these beautiful, vibrant Jutiyan. Each pair was in between price range of Rs.150 to Rs.4000. 


When in Amritsar you can also buy vadis, achar(pickle) and papad. Vadis are available in 2-3 variants like moong daal and urad daal. Papads are huge in size. 





Do post your comments or queries if you are planning for a trip to Amritsar.

Cheers!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pre-Schools in Palam Vihar, Gurgaon.

Admission Process for Grade2 in Suncity School, Gurgaon.

Hotel Ramada, Amritsar